but on the other hand there are also some negative aspects/weaknesses of OBE such as :
1. It is too behaviouristic - the diminishing of education to training students to perform certain prescribed behaviours (observable, measurable and short term/'superficial' behaviours)
2. The emphasis on outcomes (based on detailed evidences) rather than on the processes (the 'art' of teaching, learning and assessment-teachers' intuitions or hunches).
3. Ignore the creative part of learning (or non - cognitive qualities) which difficult to measure or to assess such as motivation, interest and values.
4. Place enormous burden and time-consuming on teachers in terms of acquiring extensive record keeping/documentations.
5. Open to prejudices and biases of teachers on interpretating students' performance or achievement - the questions of validity and reliability of instruments. ethics of assessment and moderation.
6. Moderation (ie training and agreement trials) usually turned out to be a very costly exercise
because of the inclusion of teachers' assessments of students.